Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Fireplace

Today we lit the fireplace for the first time this year. It was making strange popping and sizzling sounds that we couldn't figure out. Then all of a sudden, it made a big POP and a little smoke came out. This is NOT supposed to happen since we have a gas fireplace. Of course, Mom and Dad turned it off right away. Once it cooled down Dad took the front apart and found the culprit...a toy I had stuffed in the top vent ages ago. I was wondering where that thing was! Dad says we were lucky it didn't do any damage other than ruining my toy....oops!!

No comments: